The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
VIZIO 55-inch LED TV: $1699 Shipped (VF551XVT LED/LCD HDTV)
Now that the big game is over, the really big deals on really big HDTVs are here. Case in point Amazon's recent price reduction of the VIZIO 55-inch LED-lit HDTV, the VF551XVT. This full 1080p LCD TV features full array LED backlighting (TRULED) with Smart Dimming technology for deep blacks and excellent contrast. While supplies last you can get this technological marvel for $1699 with free enhanced shipping! That's $500 below list and a full $350 below Amazon's price on the same set last week.
In addition to efficient LED backlighting, the VF551XVT features 5 HDMI inputs, component video, composite video and S-video plus a handy PC input (VGA/DB15) in case you want to use this as an enormous computer monitor. For picture quality, the VIZIO includes 240 Hz (240 SPS) with motion interpolation to smooth out moving images and prevent the motion blur which can plague inexpensive LCD TVs. Courtesy of the Smart Dimming feature (also known as "local dimming"), the TV is rated at 2,000,000:1 dynamic contrast. That means really crisp bright whites and deep inky blacks.
Our own Chris Chiarella rated the set as "excellent" overall. Read his complete VF551XVT review for more details. Note: This price is subject to change and limited to stock on hand. See Amazon for current availability and pricing.
What do you think?
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
- Logitech Expands into Home Automation with New Harmony Living Home Remotes and App Enhancements
- VIZIO S5451w-C2 54-inch Sound Bar with Surround Speakers Review
- How to Build an Outdoor Home Theater for Around $1,500
- When Will We See Dolby Atmos on Blu-ray Disc? Sooner Than You Might Think
- LG 55EC9300 OLED TV Reviewed: Best HDTV Picture Ever?