Panasonic DMP-BD55 (DMPBD55K) Blu-ray Player Now On Sale
By Big Picture Big Sound Deal Meister
We love the unrelenting advancement of technology. When they first came out just a few short years ago, Blu-ray Disc players sold for upwards of $1,000. They were slow to load, awkward to use, and limited in features. Sure, Blu-ray Discs looked amazing in all their 1080p glory, but there was limited support for advanced audio codecs from DTS and Dolby, no multi-channel analog outputs for compatibility with pre-HDMI A/V receivers, no support for internet connectivity and no support for BonusView (PIP commentary).
All that has changed. Now you can pre-order Panasonic's latest 4th generation Blu-ray Disc player, the DMP-BD55 (or DMP-BD55K as it's also called) for under $400 and it kicks the first and second generation BD players right in the tuchas! To order the BD55, see the following links:
Panasonic's DMP-BD55 is the top Blu-ray Player in their fourth generation model line.
The DMP-BD55K features 5.1 or 7.1-channel analog audio outputs for compatibility with non-HDMI-equipped receivers and preamp/processors.
We've reviewed the DMP-BD55 and it looks like it offers even better video performance than its predecessors, the DMP-BD50 and DMP-BD30 so buy it now from Amazon.com if you want to bring home a great Blu-ray player in time for the holidays.
DMP-BD55K Key Features
- BD-Live: Enjoy Additional Content via Internet (requires optional SD card)
- PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
- High Precision 4:4:4 color processing: Experience the Original Movie Quality
- P4HD: Advanced Picture Processing for 1080p (including 1080p/24 output for Blu-ray and standard DVD)
- 7.1-channel Lossless Decode & 7.1-channel HDMI/Analog Output
- On-board decoding or bitstreaming of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Advanced, High Quality Sound Enhances Blu-ray® Experience
- 96Hz Surround Re-Master
- VIERA Link™: Control All of Your AV Devices With One Remote
- SD Memory Card Slot: Enjoy Precious Memories in HD (Photos and Video)
The BD55's little brother, the DMP-BD35
is also available for $299.95 (or less). It offers similar performance to the BD55 but without support for DivX and without the BD55's multi-channel analog audio output:
Please note: all deals posted on Big Picture Big Sound are current as of the posting date and time. These deals are frequently time- or stock-limited and generally do not last. Final pricing and stock are determined by the individual deal provider, not by Big Picture Big Sound so you will need to click through on the offer link to see if it is still available. Through our affiliate relationships with many online vendors, Big Picture
Big Sound may earn a small commission on any referred sale.