The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
Sony's 2009 HDTV Line Details: Buy Now or Wait?
Our friend Gary Merson, aka the HD Guru, has leaked pricing and availability details of Sony's upcoming 2009 LCD HDTV models. So is it worth waiting for the new models or should you pick up a 2008 Sony model at close-out pricing? Apparently that depends on the model.
Some of the new sets feature cosmetic changes only, but many of Sony's newest sets will feature pircture enhancements such as Sony's improved MotionFlow 240 Hz processing. Motion reproduction has traditionally been a weakness of LCD HDTV sets so anything to make this better is welcome. But until this has been professionally tested, it's not known whether the benefits will be worth waiting for (and paying for).
And when you see current models like the 52-inch KDL-52V4100 being blown out for $1349.99 (J&R), it becomes very tempting to snap up one of the 2008 models for a song.
For more details, and specific recommendations from the HD Guru, read his full article on HDGuru.com.
What do you think?
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
- DISH Network's Wireless Joey Quick Take Review
- Steinway Lyngdorf P200 Surround Processor Unites Dolby Atmos and AURO-3D
- MartinLogan, Paradigm and Anthem Jump on DTS Play-Fi Bandwagon for Wireless Whole Home Audio
- VIZIO S5451w-C2 54-inch Sound Bar with Surround Speakers Review
- How to Build an Outdoor Home Theater for Around $1,500