The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
Vivitek's New H1080FD: a 1080p DLP Projector for $999
By Rachel Cericola
The big news here is that it's a 1080p DLP projector -- for a measly $999. For that price, you should be able to buy one for each eye. OK, maybe not; but it's certainly a price that's hard to pass up.
"We're pleased to introduce a true 1080p home theater projector that the general consumer can enjoy," said Christopher Yang, senior product manager at Vivitek. "By combining the latest digital technologies in a portable and economical package, people can enjoy amazing HD content without compromises."
Aside from the enticing price, the H1080FD offers 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution, 1,800 lumens of brightness and a contrast ratio of 5,000:1. The unit also has two HDMI ports and hookups for composite, component and S-Video. There's also a slot for RS-232c and a 12-volt trigger. The unit also boasts 3,000 hours of lamp life and a whisper quiet noise level of 29dB.
Start salivating; the H1080FD will be available through authorized retailers and e-tailers in August.
For More Information:
What do you think?
Explore Big Picture Big Sound
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
More in Home Theater
- LG 55EC9300 OLED TV Reviewed: Best HDTV Picture Ever?
- Dolby Atmos by Pioneer Elite: We Don't Need No Stinking Ceiling Speakers
- VIZIO S5451w-C2 54-inch Sound Bar with Surround Speakers Review
- How to Build an Outdoor Home Theater for Around $1,500
- When Will We See Dolby Atmos on Blu-ray Disc? Sooner Than You Might Think