The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
Logitech Puts 360-Degree Sound into New Speaker Packages
By Rachel Cericola
Each set includes drivers that face both forward and backwards, which should create a wider sweet spot in almost any room. That means you can move your computer around -- or yourself -- without having to sacrifice the sound. We also like that it adds a bit of the home theater experience to watching YouTube or when we need to catch up on Lost online.
Logitech's Z523 includes two slick satellites and a 6.5-inch down-firing subwoofer. The system can crank up to 40 watts of power, or put all of the audio on-hold at the touch of a button. For a bit less oomph, the Z323 also has the two sleek satellites and sub, but puts out up to 30 watts.
If you don’t have room for the subwoofer, the Z520 and Z320 are two smaller sound solutions. The Z520 system offers an amplified two-way design with 26 watts of power. The Z320 is designed as an on-the-go solution for laptop users. Offering 10 watts of sound, it's also a nice add-on for iPod users.
One of the four systems should fit your setup, no matter where or how much you are glued to your computer. After all, can you put a price on not having to hear tinny sound coming from your computer?
We can; and it's a nice price at that. The Z320 and Z323 will retail for $69.99 each. They should hit shelves in August and September, respectively. The Z523 will retail for $99.99, with the Z520 expected to cost $129.99. Both will be available this month. All four systems are compatible with Windows- or Mac-based desktop and laptop systems.
Where to Buy:
- Logitech Speaker System Z320 (Amazon.com)
- Logitech Speaker System Z323 (Amazon.com)
- Logitech Speaker System Z520 (Amazon.com)
- Logitech Speaker System Z523 (Amazon.com)
What do you think?
Explore Big Picture Big Sound
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
More in Home Theater
- Amazon Fire HDX 8.9 to Debut with Dolby Atmos
- Monster Gets into Whole Home Audio with Soundstage Wireless Speakers
- VIZIO S5451w-C2 54-inch Sound Bar with Surround Speakers Review
- How to Build an Outdoor Home Theater for Around $1,500
- When Will We See Dolby Atmos on Blu-ray Disc? Sooner Than You Might Think