The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
Hitachi Shows Off New Wooo UT Ultra Thin LCD HDTV with Custom Frames
At CEATEC 2008 in Japan last week, Hitachi showed off several prototype and pre-production LCD HDTVs in their recently branded Wooo flat panel line including LCD models with panels only 15mm deep (0.6 inches), plasma panels as thin as 35mm (1.4 inch) and a prototype 32-inch ultra-light LCD model weighing in at a svelte 10 kg (22 pounds).
With slimmer size comes lower power utilization as well. The prototype ultra-light is said to consume about half the power of conventional sets. Hitachi's goal is to cut power usage of their televisions at least 50% across the board beginning in 2009.
Hitachi also had on display several unique framing options for their LCD sets which replace traditional black or silver bezels with more creative colors and designs, to better match a customers interior décor and fashion-sense. These framing options are still in prototype form and may or may not be introduced into the US and Japanese markets based on consumer demand.
What do you think?
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
- Dolby Atmos Preamp/Processors: A Buyer's Guide
- LG Unveils New webOS 2.0 Smart TV Interface for 2015 HDTV and Ultra HD TV Lineup
- How Do I Hook Up Multiple Speakers to a Receiver with No Zone 2 Output?
- New Marantz AV8802 Flagship 11.2-Channel Preamp/Processor Includes Dolby Atmos, AURO-3D
- LG to Unveil Quantum Dot-Powered Ultra HD TV at CES 2015