The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
CES: Panasonic's SC-ZT2 Home Theater Does Wireless Surround for 3D
Panasonic has an audio solution designed to complement the latest trend in HDTV: Full HD 3D. The Japanese consumer electronics manufacturer was among many competitors showing 3D HDTV sets at the Consumer Electronics Show this year. But Panasonic also addressed the audio needs for such sets via a new 3D-capable home theater system with virtual surround technology. When paired with the company's upcoming DMP-BDT350 Blu-ray 3D player, the system can provide the surround sound audio portion of a 3D home theater system without wires.
The SC-ZT2 wireless home theater audio system is designed to provide home theater quality sound without any wires. The key differentiator that sets it apart from other home theater systems is its robust wireless capabilities, which eliminates the need for speaker cables while still creating a wide and expansive surround soundstage.
The wireless 7.1 sound sound is accomplished with only two speakers with multiple drivers that simulate a surround sound experience without any rear speakers. Each speaker houses four one-inch tweeters, which are vertically aligned to emit sounds parallel to the floor. That enables viewers to sit anywhere in the room and get the same simulate surround experience.
The system minimizes space with two ultra-slim pole speakers and a wireless receiver. It's expected to be available in June of this year.
Where to buy:
- Panasonic Home Theater Systems at Amazon.com (note: new models not yet available)
More CES 2010 Coverage Live from Las Vegas:
What do you think?
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
- Dolby Atmos Preamp/Processors: A Buyer's Guide
- LG Unveils New webOS 2.0 Smart TV Interface for 2015 HDTV and Ultra HD TV Lineup
- How Do I Hook Up Multiple Speakers to a Receiver with No Zone 2 Output?
- New Marantz AV8802 Flagship 11.2-Channel Preamp/Processor Includes Dolby Atmos, AURO-3D
- LG to Unveil Quantum Dot-Powered Ultra HD TV at CES 2015