The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
CES: Earthquake Sound Couch Potato CP-8 Shakes Your Booty
We all know that subwoofers provide that low-end, and in many cases the added benefit of a tactile experience, yet time and time again the darn things are shoved off to the side or stashed in the corner. Earthquake Sound Corp. has introduced a solution that will allow users to get the full-on low-end experience with a sleek woofer that can be stashed under a sofa, behind it or even under the bed.
The CP-8, which is winner of a 2010 CES Innovation Award, is a self-powered 8-inch subwoofer that is equipped with an RCA input, high level input with crossed high level output. It is designed to match typical satellite or bookshelf speakers. It features a durable pressed paper cone, and the CP-8 has a power output of 300 Watts, 20Hz-180Hz, crossover frequency from 40Hz -130Hz and crossover slope of 12db per octave.
For those with a bit more room, and don't mind showing off their subs, Earthquake rocks out the room with the front firing, front-ported FF12 Subwoofer, which features a 400-watt built-in amplifier. This unit features the company's TCT (Turbine Cooled Transducer) Technology to increase efficiency and eliminate distortion. It offers a 12-inch deep bumped woofer, with a frequency response of 20Hz-125Hz.
- Couch Potato CP-8 MSRP: $399.00
- FF12 MSRP: $699.00
- 12" Black Ash MKVI MSRP: $2,399.00
- 12" Piano Black MKVI MSRP: $2,899.00
- 15" Black Ash MKVI MSRP: $2,899.00
- 15" Piano Black MKVI MSRP: $3,399.00
More CES 2010 Coverage Live from Las Vegas:
What do you think?
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
- Tablet Deal: 30% Off Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Today Only
- Dolby Atmos Preamp/Processors: A Buyer's Guide
- LG Unveils New webOS 2.0 Smart TV Interface for 2015 HDTV and Ultra HD TV Lineup
- How Do I Hook Up Multiple Speakers to a Receiver with No Zone 2 Output?
- New Marantz AV8802 Flagship 11.2-Channel Preamp/Processor Includes Dolby Atmos, AURO-3D