The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
Panasonic Details Pricing and Availability for ZT60 Plasma HDTV Series
We've pretty much been frothing at the mouth ever since Panasonic introduced the ZT60 Plasma HDTV Series back in January at CES. Now the company has a little something that should get you even more giddy: pricing and availability for these sought-after sets.
Panasonic has just started selling the ZT60 plasma. However, the HDTV will be an exclusive to Best Buy, through the retailer's 400 Magnolia locations. The exclusivity is expected to last through July 31, 2013.
The ZT60 Series is available in two screen sizes. The 65-inch TC-P65ZT60 has an MSRP of $4099.99, with the 60-inch TC-P60ZT60 priced at $3499.99.
Previously, our editor Chris Boylan had dubbed the ZT60 Series one of the three best looking HDTVs at this year's CES. Months later, the company showed the TV, pitting it against the acclaimed Pioneer KURO (with eye-popping results). Earlier this month, the ZT60 Series received even more accolades at the annual Value Electronics HDTV Shootout. The set placed second among consumer voters, but snagged the first place spot from the experts.
Some of the perks of this plasma include a 1080p image with full HD 3D, THX certification for 2D and 3D modes, the reference-level Studio Master Panel proprietary filter, and Ultimate Black features for the best picture possible. It has a one-sheet glass design, the new 3,000 Focused Field Drive, and 30,720 gradation steps from full white to full black. It also has the new My Home Screen, which offers the option of a personalized home screen, as well as the latest VIERA Connect platform and built-in WiFi.
Other features include a Touch Pad Controller, the ISFccc Calibration Mode with Advanced Calibration, built-in side speakers, three HDMI inputs and three USB ports. This model is also compatible with the Electronic Touch Pen, an optional accessory that allows owners to write right on the screen.
Both the 60- and 65-incher will come packing two pairs of 3D glasses. According to Panasonic, the set will not be available online -- at least to start. If you want to get the goods, you'll have to go into one of the 400 Magnolia stores nationwide.
- Panasonic Offers New Line of Plasma HDTVs for 2013 including new ZT60 Flagship
- Best of CES 2013: 4K Ultra HD, OLED TV, Commercial-Free DVR, Surround Headphones and More
- Panasonic Unveils new LED and Plasma TVs, New Apps for YouTube, HSN-
What do you think?
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
- Sony Unveils Pricing, Availability of 2014 Ultra HD TV Lineup
- VideoSecu PJ2W Ceiling Projector Mount Review
- HDTV Deals: Panasonic 1080p 50-inch LED Smart TV: $699.99 (One Week Only)
- Walmart Offers Deals on iPhone 5c, 5s and Samsung Galaxy S4
- Sony HT-ST7 7.1 HD Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer Review