The Site for Home Theater and Movie Reviews
How Do You Download Music to an iPod?
One question we get fairly regularly from new iPod owners is, "How do you download music to an iPod?" Downloading music to your iPod is actually pretty easy. The first step is to connect your iPod to your computer with the supplied USB cable. After a moment, the computer will recognize it and open iTunes. If you don't have iTunes, make sure you download and install it first. You can download iTunes here.
Once connected, you should see a screen similar to the one below. Presuming your iTunes has your music already in it (if not, see below), select "Music" from the top of the left column. This will bring up your music library.
From here, just click and hold on the song you want, and drag it over to the iPod icon in the left column.
If you want to transfer several songs, you can Shift-click to select multiple items. If they're not next to each other, you can use Ctrl-click to select multiple non-adjacent items.
After a few moments the song or songs are now on your iPod.
If you don't have any music on your iPod or on your computer yet, check out the related topic: How to Download MP3 Music.
What do you think?
- Home Theater
- Ask The Expert
- Blu-ray, DVD Players
- DVD Recorders, DVR, PVR
- HDTV, Televisions, Projectors
- Home Theater in a Box (HTiB)
- Media Players, HTPC
- Preamps, Amps, Processors
- Satellite Radio
- Receivers, Switchers
- Universal Remotes
- How To
- News and Show Reports
- Sony Unveils Pricing, Availability of 2014 Ultra HD TV Lineup
- VideoSecu PJ2W Ceiling Projector Mount Review
- HDTV Deals: Panasonic 1080p 50-inch LED Smart TV: $699.99 (One Week Only)
- Walmart Offers Deals on iPhone 5c, 5s and Samsung Galaxy S4
- Sony HT-ST7 7.1 HD Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer Review